Virtual private servers or machines have gained enormous popularity and industry deployment by virtue of virtualization technology or virtualized hypervisors. The Softaculous Virtualizor is a robust VPS control panel that supports various virtualization technologies like OpenVZ, Xen HVM, Linux KVM more.
What makes virtualization so powerful?
Server virtualization has been the most important breakthrough in infrastructure technology for enterprises to leverage the balanced power of performance & cost. Offerings by legacy systems have proved to be extremely expensive & hard to manage by infrastructure professionals. Server virtualization for data centers has proved to be a complete game changer in terms deployment, configuration, management & operational efficiency. Enterprises with large server farms have greatly benefited from virtualization in terms of –
Enterprises can reduce their overhead on legacy systems by converting physical machines into virtualized technology to save on workforce, power consumption, infrastructure costs & more.
Legacy systems had to be overpowered in order to make sure they would never go down & meet user requirements. Virtualization technology paved the way for accurate resource provisioning for each virtual machine, thereby making systems efficient & cost-effective.
IT administrators in the past had to micro manage huge & complex infrastructure, thereby reducing the focus on business strategies and dealing with the hassles of legacy systems. Server virtualization has made it hassle-free for all IT personnel to focus on core business enhancements, thereby increasing productivity, operational efficiency & Return on Investment (ROI).
Enterprises can move their virtualized environment to the cloud by complete server flexibility. Enterprises can leverage private cloud infrastructures by virtualizing network infrastructures.
In a case of an unforeseen disaster, virtual machines can restore image backups, due to hardware – independent topology.
Virtual machines have the capability to recover from outages with quick migration from one virtual machine to another.
These were some of the crucial benefits of VPS technology or virtualized machines.
Virtualizor- The next step in powerful GUI virtualization
Softaculous designed and developed the best virtualization platform till date – the Virtualizor.
- This dynamic web based control panel supports a plethora of virtualization tools viz. OpenVZ, Xen PV, VPS powered by KVM, LXC & more
- Infrastructure admins can create virtual machines with a simple click of a button & manage it using an easy to use control panel
- Manage each and every node of your virtual cluster from a single server
- Clients can manage hassle-free billing by integrating the virtualizor platform with their existing billing system
- Leverage the flexibility of using OS templates for all versions of Linux, Windows VM’s & various virtualization tools
- Integrate various API’s & call them in various formats viz. JSON, XML, PHP & more.
- Support for popular billing systems including WHMCS, Blesta, Clientexec, and HostBillApp
- A KVM powered VPS has the power to support multiple processors, operating systems, making virtualization hassle-free and efficient
Virtualizor Vs the others
The latest version of virtualizor delivers a superior edge over other virtual machine management panels such as OnApp and SolusVM.
- It simplifies & streamlines complete management & administration for VPS environments
- Offers machine templates to speed the onboarding process
- Users can test this powerful panel with a 1-month license, for free!
- Administrators can scale quickly with this interface
- Quick response to support emails via virtualizor
Installing Softaculous Virtualizor for VPS powered by KVM
- The installation of virtualizor requires various versions of Linux CentOS – 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x, various version of Ubuntu like Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 16.04
- Admins need to use a 64-bit operating system as the KVM module does not support the 32-bit system
- Virtualization technology needs to be enabled from the BIOS for KVM to be loaded
- The bridging needs to be permanent
- Different partitioning schemas have to be used depending on the size for storing hardware nodes, OS templates & ISO’s.
- Use a SWAP partition to page the Linux Operating System
- The remaining space can be used for file based storage or logical volumes
- Open the shell terminal & run commands to install parameters like- email, kernel, noos, beta, nested_vrt, lvg, & the interface
- Users need to boot their system after installation
- Admins can create storage & manage their virtual machines from the admin panel
- As virtualizor uses ports 4081 through 4085, admins will have to open these ports
Virtualization technology will play a prominent role in cloud computing as users will be able to share infrastructure & run applications. As the cloud continues to evolve, so too must virtualization for complex network & storage workloads in terms of – new hypervisor designs, cloud topologies, automation, hyper converged infrastructure & more.