Blog Details Page-Latest
What is Application Hosting?
5+ Benefits of Application Hosting
5+ Benefits of Application Hosting
- Accessibility over the internet. Your users can access your hosted application using any device that has internet access, no matter where they are. They won‘t even need to download and install your application if they are using a new device – all they have to do is log in.
- No upfront costs. You can start hosting applications online without any upfront costs by renting a server from a hosting provider. You won‘t have to purchase an expensive server for hosting your apps, and you can start hosting right away.
- Minimal downtime. If you‘re hosting your application on a server located in your office, you might frequently experience downtime due to power cuts or a spotty network connection. Hosting your application on a web server will minimize your downtime, as hosting providers have backup power, cooling, and network systems in place to avoid server downtime.
- No maintenance is required. When hosting your application with a hosting provider, they will take care of server maintenance for you. You can even get a managed server and have your hosting provider set up your server and help start hosting your web application.
- Seamless scalability. Whether you‘re a startup launching your first app, or you‘re an enterprise that‘s about to launch your 5th app, web application hosting can help you scale seamlessly. Your hardware resources will scale automatically as your user base is growing.
- Data security. Enjoy the benefits of hosting in a secure data center with web application hosting. Hosting providers have enhanced physical security at their data centers, as well as redundancy to protect you from data loss. Choose a dedicated server to get even higher security with no hosting neighbors.
How Much Does Application Hosting Cost?
Choosing an Application Hosting Service
- Server performance: before choosing a hosting plan, estimate the number of users your application will have and the hardware components you will need to support all visitors. By choosing cloud hosting, you‘ll ensure your web application can support any number of incoming visitors.
- Application compatibility: when browsing for a hosting provider, have in mind the requirements of your application. Check out whether the hosting servers support the technologies your application is using and make sure the server will be able to run your application.
- Server security: it‘s important to choose a hosting solution that will ensure your web application is secured against malware and DDoS attacks. You want to protect yourself as well as the users of your application. Getting a dedicated server is the easiest way to ensure high security for your web app.
- Hosting reliability: look for online reviews and customer testimonials of the hosting provider before making a purchase. Ensure they are providing reliable hosting before you deploy your web application on one of their servers.
- Server availability: it‘s important that your application has limited downtime so you don‘t disappoint your users and lose out on profit. Look for a hosting provider that guarantees at least 99.9% server uptime, which is the industry standard.
- Customer support: when choosing a hosting provider, check out the technical support they offer their customers. Make sure they have 24/7/365 support available, as well as highly-trained technical engineers. You can even submit a ticket and see what kind of support hosting providers offer before making a purchase.